First Home Buyers
Congratulations on taking the big step of buying your first home!
The Lake Macquarie Conveyancing Team has the expertise to make your first purchase experience simple, and easy to understand.
There are never too many questions that you can ask to feel comfortable and informed about the Conveyancing process.
The first step with buying any home is to tell us that you would like us to act.
- Then tell the agent who introduced you to the property that we will be acting for you.
- We can assist you to order pre-exchange inspections such as pest and building inspections, strata inspections and survey reports.
- The agent issues a sales advice to both our firm and the Vendor’s Conveyancer and the contract is forwarded to us.
- We talk to your finance broker or lender to give them information they require to get your finance approval.
- We take you through the pest and building reports and ensure that you are satisfied with the condition of the property.
- We give you detailed advice on the contract so that you are aware of your rights and obligations under the contract.
First Home Buyers of Brand New Homes, Off the Plan Purchases or Vacant Land are eligible for both exemptions from stamp duty on the contract and the First Home New Home grant. (Subject to the Office of State Revenue’s eligibility requirements).
Normally your broker of finance provider will assist you with the First Home Owners Grant application and we can assist where required. We can assist you with the application for exemption from stamp duty.
First Home Buyer Checklist
The process of buying a first home can be both exciting and overwhelming. If you're a first home buyer in New South Wales (NSW), it's important to have a checklist to ensure you're making informed decisions and avoiding potential issues.
The NSW government offers a Home Buyer's Checklist and a Guide to Purchasing Your Home on their website, which covers important factors to consider when buying a home, such as financing, inspections, and legal requirements.
Some key items on the checklist include:
1. Determining your budget and getting pre-approval for a home loan
2. Researching the property market and identifying potential neighborhoods
3. Inspecting properties and considering factors such as location, size, and condition
4. Engaging a solicitor or conveyancer to guide you through the legal process
5. Understanding the costs involved in buying a home, including stamp duty and other fees.
In addition to the Home Buyer's Checklist and Guide to Purchasing Your Home, there are also a number of resources available from real estate agents, mortgage brokers, and other professionals that can help you navigate the process of buying your first home in NSW.
Related information you might be interested in asking us to explain when you speak with us include:
1. First home buyers entitlements in NSW
2. First home buyers grant NSW
3. Stamp duty in NSW for first home buyers
4. Factors to consider before buying your first home
5. Legal checklist for buying a house
Ready For a Fast Settlement?
- REAL ESTATE SALE, PURCHASE, TRANSFER & REFINANCE
- AFFORDABLE CONVEYANCING
- PROFESSIONAL FEES EXPERIENCE
- EXPERTISE THAT YOUR PROPERTY & YOU DESERVE
I cannot recommend Lorraine and her staff highly enough, I have used them twice now and the process was made so easy, always on hand to answer any questions, emails answered quickly.
Thank you again for your expertise.
Lorraine and her team have worked with me on several sales and purchases. They always kept me informed through the entire process and made it a stress free exercise, I would like to thank them for all their hard work